Sunday Interview, Nina Clausonet


Happy Suday! Finally we have a new guest and she is Nina Clausonet, she's a graphic designer and artist from Germany. I really like her  cheerful art made of simple elements and contrasting color palettes. 
I think you'll enjoy the deep and inspirative answers by Nina!


Hi Nina! It's a pleasure to have you here! Tell us something about you and your art experience!

Thank you for much for inviting me, Sara - it is an honour to be here with you.
I have always loved to draw and paint. As young teenager I studied faces and portrayed them in a realistic way. This has been my favorite hobby and I always wanted to improve my skills more and more. Later on I experimented with watercolour, acrylics and oil - self educated, just by experimenting.
After finishing my school I went to Munich and studied Communications Design and then worked in different Graphic Design Agencies. Later I had my own little design studio.
My profession is being a graphic designer, but my great passion is illustration and art. Now I am combining both, what I am happy about.


nina clausonet art


 What do you want to comunicate with your art? 

Through my art I want to spread hope, joy and positivity. I want people to see a ray of sun, when everything seems dark. The most important message is ...
that everyone of us is precious, perfectly made and loved.
Further I want to raise awareness for items as diversity, selflove and environmental issues. We have the responsibility to care for the Earth and for every living being here. 



You paint mostly women, which is your ideal of femininity? 

My ideal of feminity is giving warmth, love, encouragement. For me there is nothing more inspiring than a confident woman, who loves herself just the way she is and stands up for what she believes in.
I think every woman is beautiful in her own way - God makes no mistakes. The most beautiful things are inside: a huge heart, a kind character and  empathy. 




Describe your art with three words. 

Feminine, bright, positive. 


Which is your favorite artwork you made and why?

I think my favorite is the monochrome orange lady, because this piece looks kind of artistic and I loved drawing her eyes. To me this one looks very poetic, calm and summery - that is why I like it. 




 What you would suggest to someone who is searching for his/her own art style?

I have made the experience that finding an own style means a lot of practice and experimenting, and I actually think it is a life task  - it goes hand in hand with finding yourself.
When you find yourself, your emotions, what you like or not, you will express this through your work.
It is about having trust in yourself, your feelings, and drawing the way YOU want to  - not what other people expect from you. 
When you draw without thinking and just let it flow, your own style will develop by itself.
Just keep on creating, trying, experimenting! And don’t be so hard with yourself - it is a progress.
I think that would be my advice.



 What do you like to do besides art? 

Oh, I love to cook, to spend time with my family, getting creative with my kids, being in the nature, visiting art markets and museums, reading a good book and chatting with precious friends.










You can follow Nina on her Instagram page ad visit her stores o Society6 and Spreadshirt.

See you sson my dear guys!

Sara


No comments: