Sunday Interview, Fani Bela.





Hi guys!
I hope you had a great week-end! 
This Sunday we are going to meet one of my favorite illustrators on Instagram. She's Fani, an Indonesian artist who makes the funniest and cutest illustrations ever. I love her ironic touch matched with the dreamy mood and her coloring technique.

Well, now take your favorite drink, relax and let's read the interview to Fani and her inspiring story!




Hi Fani! Tell us something about you and your art background.

Hi Sara! My name is Fani! I have lived in Australia for 7 years now, originally I was born and bred in Indonesia. I began to love art when I was a kid (maybe about 5 years old) but I stopped after a few years to focus on my study. My parents were quite strict back then so I just followed what they had planned for me, finished my accounting degree and worked as an accountant. I don't hate it, but yes, it was not my passion. For me, it is just a “job”. During the lockdown, I had so much spare time at home and randomly looked at my instagram feed. I saw other artists' works and I began to wonder what would happen if I pursue my long-lost dream. And there I am right now! Living the journey of my dream. I still have a long way to go but being able to draw, it is just the happiest thing ever! I can't wait what awaits me in the future on this path.


Which are your favorite media? There's any other media you would like to experiment with? 

Colored Pencils are my favorite! I always love how relaxing it is! I would like to experiment with gouache and ink! I also want to experiment with digital in the future.



Where do you get inspiration from?

I live in the countryside so all the scenery here is quite relaxing and earthy. I love them but I am always imagining what would happen if I put some bright color here and there! Also I got inspiration by looking at everyone's work! It always makes me happy and inspired when I see them!

Three words to describe the mood of your art.

Fun, bright and silly.




What do you like to do in addition to art?

Hmm, besides art, I want to learn to play instruments, these days I'm into ukuleles!


Why you've chose this art style, what has influenced you?

Hmm.. I think the art style chose me! I can't say that I have a proper art style yet but hopefully in the future an art style will find  me. Of course other artists also influenced me developing the style unconsciously! I got inspired by long list of artists, some of them are Sara @flowersandart,@doodleani. The 1st time I jumped into art community @iraville @lauresillus and @realactualmorg are the fellow artists that I inspired me the most. (Artsists on Instagram)






So, now art is an hobby for you, would you like to turn it into your job? There's any project you would like to work on in future?

Yes, I would love to be a children book illustrator in the future! And hope one day I can publish my own book! I always dream of making people smile even just a bit when they see my works.

Thank you very much for telling us about you Fani! I wish you'll become a book illustator and you'll let  children dream with your art, you totally deserve it!

Oh myy! Thank you so much Sara! I'm so happy with this opportunity. I hope you all the best also!



You can find Fani here: Instagram  - Etsy shop


















No comments: